Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I've lost a friend

Just when I started with this whole loving more, being more open tip, this happens.  But it's all well and good, maybe this friend just couldn't handle all the love and openness I was ready to shower. Lol.  
So I decided to talk to said friend about something that had been on my mind for a while.  Granted, it probably wasn't the most pleasant topic as it concerned her directly and something she said to me a loooong time ago.  I just thought no matter what, we were on the same side and that being good friends it would work out regardless.  Well I was dead WRONG.  There was no understanding, I was called ridiculous, and worse she called for a termination of the friendship.  It was amazing.  What is even more amazing is hearing that this friend has called a few people to brief them of the demise of our friendship and even made some insulting remarks about my mum.  
It sucks that things had to end up this way, but I think deep down we both know its for the better. We're totally different people and I think fundamentally, we honestly didn't know how to be friends to each other.  It always felt to me like the closer we got, the more we disagreed on opinions, views, life...everything.  

No comments: