Thursday, March 5, 2009

Praha here I come!

Finally, a resolution to this internship ordeal.  I have been searching for an internship in hotel development since last October, and to say its been a harrowing experience is an understatement.  Basically it has been a combination of the tanking economy, immigration issues, language barriers, etc.  I contacted so many people and sent so many resumes only to hear sorry but the present situation of the economy prevents us from hiring.  I don't know how I managed to keep my sanity and not break down, but I was truly frustrated.  
But eventually God made a way and I ended up getting responses from Accor hotel group - one of the largest hotel companies (read Sofitel, Novotel, etc.) and a Real Estate development group in Prague.  I have just accepted an offer from Prague and I'm so happy about it.  I was hoping Accor would be my calling because they were proposing to send me to Lagos and work solo doing market studies, but I think I'm getting more at peace with my decision to go with Prague.
Anyway they say the city is beautiful, and these people really seemed to want me so I guess its good.  So in about 2 weeks, I will be reporting to you live from Praha, and I'm getting more and more excited about this!

No comments: